front teeth reinforcement?

Hello,

My front teeth are worn out by the edges, so my smile is not leveled but equally important, I may be losing more tooth. I'm thinking of doing a reinforcement by filling, but my concern is that for that my dentist will have to polish more tooth to maybe the reinforcement not lasting long. Also there is the coloring issue, will the filling be noticed as most probably the filling won't be in the same color shade than my teeth

Are my concerns based? What would be your advice, doing the procedure or otherwise?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Front fillings are always a risk. They are a high fracture risk since you use these teeth to " bite " into foods etc. There is a chance that they will need replacement.
The colour can be matched to the adjacent tooth structure, but over time, as you eat and drink coffee etc, these fillings can also discolour.
If the teeth are severely worn, other options such as full coverage crowns might be a better option.

Vote:

Ask a Question