Dry Socket?

I got 4 wisdom teeth out a week ago and I notice that there is something stuck in the gap. Idk of its food or not, but during the day I picked at it and it the consistency was like cottage cheese type and smelled really bad. I tend to play with it a lot which I know is bad and can decrease the healing process. I poked it with a qtip to see if it could be food stuck, and it was lightly bleeding and kind of hard. My mouth has not healed yet apparently and when I stretch my mouth, I can see a whole bunch of the white thing stuck in there. Could this be an infection? How can I self treat this and will it go away?

Attachments

• IMG_5378.JPG
    IMG_5378.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_5384.JPG
    IMG_5384.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,880
hello!!! it looks and sounds like it's a piece of food stuck in there. I would recommend you don't mess with it anymore and try to use salt water rinse to get it out!! If that doesn't work then maybe call your surgeon/doctor and ask them. I would recommend not messing with it because a piece of food alone probably won't do much but messing with it or poking at it with anything may cause an infection or disturb the blood clot. It doesn't look like an infection:)

Vote:

Ask a Question