Dry socket dressing

Hi. I had 2 teeth removed on Friday 1 of which was a lower wisdom. This 1 did not clot. I had bleeding for approx 14 hrs. Yesterday I called and then saw emergency dentist. She washed out the hole and dressed it. I have very mild pain today but im worried about the dressing coming out. Should it fall out and will it be ok if it does. Many thanks

The packing is usually removed, the socket rinsed & the packing then replaced every 24-48 hours over the course of several days (usually anywhere from 3-7 depending on your comfort needs).

Vote:
The packing is usually removed, the socket rinsed & the packing then replaced every 24-48 hours over the course of several days (usually anywhere from 3-7 depending on your comfort needs).
I dont think minevis being removed and changed. Im worried if all will be ok if it falls out

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It doesn't matter really if it falls out, as long as you don't develop severe pain that isn't helped by painkillers. Then you would need a fresh sedative dressing.

Vote:

Ask a Question