Dentures

Solutions
Hi....i recently had all my top teeth extracted, just now waiting for my loverly new dentures to arrive and fitted...problem though...what denture fixedent(cream) to use...
This worries me..a..lot, ive seen sooo many adverts claiming they have the strongest hold from morning to night....and yet a friend of mine has used a few, and the moment she...lets say, has a coffee or tea....bang, her dentures are all over the place again, let alone munching down on an apple or steak so, ...so much for these claims .... I'd really love to know everybodies thoughts on this...please ....

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,
I don't live in the States, but from the experiences that I've had with patients, it is best to go with one that isn't water soluble. I've found these tend to last a bit longer.
But then again I have also found mixed results among patients with other brands. They tend to shop around until they find one that works best for them

Solutions
Thank you, I will do that, I'm not in the states either, I'm in the UK so i guess the brands will be different...but advice appreciated

Solutions
You are sounding really positive about the whole procedure, which is really good because it is a drastic change I guess to proceed to dentures. Is it possible to share some of your journey to this point? eg had your dentist tried to hold on to your existing teeth, were you happy that all avenues had been explored before all your upper teeth were extracted. I'm only asking because I would do anything to hold on to my own teeth I'm under a Periodontist and have a very strict cleaning regime, just very interested to hear your story. Thanks.

Ask a Question