Dental bonding gone wrong

So I chipped my front tooth (not majorly, however the bottom is all rigid and is shorter than my other tooth). So last night my dentist performed dental bonding on my front tooth. My teeth looked really nice afterwards. I haven't eaten anything crunchy etc since. But I woke up this morning and my chipped tooth was back to normal!? The smoothness was no longer there and my tooth is now still shorter than my other one and all jagged. Is this normal, or should I find a better dentist? It doesn't look too nice :-(
Thank you!!

Go back to the dentist and let him see his work. He has to make an effort to do it better again since you've paid him already and his work only lasted overnight. And next time, find a better dentist. ;)

Vote:
Absolutely go back to your dentist and have him do the job right. Don't take any guff about paying either -- you won't and neither will your insurance company.

Vote:
Definitely not normal. You can give your dentist another chance. He or she may need to add more mechanical retention to the prep to keep the filling in place or do a better job at keeping the area dry while placing the filling so that it can bond properly. If this is not satisfactory you can ask for a refund and try another dentist if you were unhappy with the appearance of the filling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
I am studing the process of bonding and now I cannot feel the difference between ethanol-containing bonds and acetone-containing bond. What is the negative influense or negative features of ethanol-containing bonds?
thank you in advance

Vote:
So I chipped my front tooth (not majorly, however the bottom is all rigid and is shorter than my other tooth). So last night my dentist performed dental bonding on my front tooth. My teeth looked really nice afterwards. I haven't eaten anything crunchy etc since. But I woke up this morning and my chipped tooth was back to normal!? The smoothness was no longer there and my tooth is now still shorter than my other one and all jagged. Is this normal, or should I find a better dentist? It doesn't look too nice :-(
Thank you!!
I would return to have it fixed for free! Make sure he doesn't file anymore of the tooth! I had a dentist ruin my front teeth that way. The tooth should barely be touched prior to bond. If too much is shaved then you would need a crown! You don't want that. Expensive and teeth are shaved to a peg! If this doesn't hold get a new dentist. Ask for referrals. Research that dentist. Got to his Facebook page and look at pictures. Read the reviews!

Vote:

Ask a Question