Could a dental issue cause a chronic sore throat over multiple years?

For the last 3 years I've had a sore throat 24/7; occasionally it's an annoying niggle, other times it's very debilitating and painful to talk or swallow, and flare ups are becoming progressively worse and more frequent.

I have had A LOT of tests, but no doctor, ENT, or General Physician seems to be able to figure it out. I even created a Google Doc to give to doctors to keep track of all the things I've looked into, including:
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Allergy tests
  • CT Scans
  • Various medications for acid reflux
Anyway, I'm looking for new ideas of where to look next and wondered if it's plausible that a dental issue could be the root cause? I have always had very dodgy teeth with more fillings than I can count, so it's entirely plausible that I have an issue that hasn't been found.

Is this worth pursuing?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Impossible to give an opinion without having a x-ray to view. But it is possible that a dental issue might be related to throat issue.

Vote:
Good day

Impossible to give an opinion without having a x-ray to view. But it is possible that a dental issue might be related to throat issue.

Hey mate thanks for the reply. totally understand you can't give a diagnosis here, i just wated to know if it was worth perusing.

If i went to a dentist and ask them to investigate with xrays etc. do you tink this this is something you think they would be able to confirm or rule out on the spot, or will it require some experimentation?

Vote:

Ask a Question