Channel obturation- good or not

Hello,

I went at dentist this morning and he told me that three of my teeth were treated wrong(by another dentist), because their channels were treated inappropriate. He told me that a channel treatment is necessary for each of the three. I attach the photo with the radiograph of the teeth, Please tell me if the channels require a treatment or they are healthy
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20150609_111107.jpg
    20150609_111107.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 426

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
The middle tooth looks reasonable and the other two don't look that great. But not every "imperfect" root canal needs to be retreated. If you are symptom-free and there is no sign of infection (and I don't see any in the x-ray you uploaded), then another strategy is to not do anything and keep checking with new x-rays every year to make sure it stays that way. It's important to remember that every treatment, including a repair, carries risk. And there is a risk that trying to fix these teeth will actually lead to their premature demise. That needs to be discussed with you in additional to the potential benefits. I am not saying you should not have these teeth fixed, but leaving them alone is also a valid treatment option that you need to look into.

Vote:
The only thing I'd add to the above is that you should retreat them if you are planning to do post and crowns. How long ago were these teeth treated ?

Vote:
Good morning,

And thank you for your answer. The teeth were treated 4 years ago or more, and I am planning to do crowns because the side walls are damaged.

Vote:
In that case(crowns) I would retreat premolar , leave first molar as is and retreat just the mesial roots of second molar IF there's amalgam in the distal. ( there's a high risk of perforation of the root in the attempt of removal)

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoellenWhi

Latest Threads