Can we screw a post crown instead of only cemented it to prevent it from falling?

My lateral incisor teeth of the right broke some years ago because previously I have a decay and it was repaired and I think that during the repair the nerve of the teeth was removed and for this reason this tooth was weakened and as a consequence finally it broke and it remains only the root of the tooth in my gum.

Some years ago a dentist drilled a hole in the root and cemented in it a crown with a rod what I think is called a 'post crown'

However, because this crown with a rod was cemented but not screwed in the root of the teeth it finally felled out. It was cemented back several times but it kept felling out.

Finally, I remained during a period of time without putting back this post crown and when I wanted to put it back the root of the teeth should have moved and I was not anymore able to insert this crown with a rod into the hole in the root of the tooth.

I would like to know if it is possible that instead of cementing a crown with a rod in the hole of the root of a tooth to screw it so that it does not fell

I need to know this to know if I have to extract this root of tooth or I can keep it to screw in it a post crown

English is not my first language so I am worried if I ask this question to my dentist because he may not understand me properly and it is why I ask this question in writing in this forum.

Vote:
I do not ask for medical advice because the information that I request does not concern only me.

It is a technical issue about whether or we can screw a post crown on the root of a broken tooth and not only cement it

Vote:

Ask a Question