Anyone from Atlanta, Georgia? Can someone please suggest a good dentist in Atlanta?

Solutions
Hi all,

I have recently moved to the US from another country. I went to a dentist last year based on the reviews online. I went for 2 cleanings and had 4 cavity fillings after that. Those are very tiny cavities and most of them say that those are not required to fill it up. I didn't know that before I fill up.

It's been 8 months of fillings and I still have some issues going on with my fillings and some other problems in my mouth too because of the filling issue.

So, I am planning to visit a new dentist now. I am again looking into online reviews again. But still I can't figure out a good dentist. Can someone suggest a good dentist in Atlanta?

Thank you.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Go to Academy of General Dentistry Web site and click on "Find-a-dentist" on the right hand side. Enter your location. A list of dentists will appear. Look for FAGD (Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry) or MAGD (Master of Academy of General Dentistry). If you don't have dental insurance, treatment will be very expensive. A less expensive option is to consider teaching facililty like Augusta Univ.

Vote:
Solutions
Go to Academy of General Dentistry Web site and click on "Find-a-dentist" on the right hand side. Enter your location. A list of dentists will appear. Look for FAGD (Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry) or MAGD (Master of Academy of General Dentistry). If you don't have dental insurance, treatment will be very expensive. A less expensive option is to consider teaching facililty like Augusta Univ.
Thank you so much. I do have dental insurance. I will check it out.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you @honestdoc.
I see few doctors as Pre-fellow in the Academy of general dentistry website. Is there any difference between Pre-fellow Dentist and FAGD dentist?
Because, I see a dentist nearby my location who has 480+ good Google reviews. But I see the dentist name in the AGD website and I see the award as Pre-fellow. Do we need to choose only the FAGD or MAGD dentist and not Pre-fellow?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Pre-fellow means the dentist has not completed fellowship requirements. The website with fellow & master is just a guide or introduction and doesn't guarantee anything. Schedule with this dentist and see how you feel about it. Ask a lot of questions. Hopefully you will feel comfortable.

Vote:
Solutions
Pre-fellow means the dentist has not completed fellowship requirements. The website with fellow & master is just a guide or introduction and doesn't guarantee anything. Schedule with this dentist and see how you feel about it. Ask a lot of questions. Hopefully you will feel comfortable.
Thank you so much for your inputs.
I did visit the dentist with good reviews.

Vote:

Ask a Question