Access to do Class V on #28 (upper left wisdom tooth)

Hello,

Anyone have any suggestion on how to access #28 (upper left wisdom tooth) to do a buccal class V restoration. I just can't seem to get the drill that far back. I find most of the time I end up using the slow speed drill to remove the decay since the slow speed head fits in better but when it comes to finishing, I have to use the high speed and that poses a challenge. If I ask the pt to open wide to get the drill head in, then the buccal mucosa (cheek gets in my way). Also if the restoration is close to the gingiva, how can I get good isolation. Also i find because there is so much buccal mucosa in the way even when I retract with a mirror and place a dri-angle I still end up hidding the cheek causing a tear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

If it's close to gingiva use retraction cord.
I usually ask the patient to medium open the mouth. I also place the mirror between the tooth and the cheek ,parallel to the tooth, to avoid contact of the drill with cheek. It's still difficult in many cases.

Sorry for my English....

Vote:

Ask a Question