Troubled Teeth

Good Morning~

I'm new to these forums and seeking some advice. My current dentists don't seem to have any answers and my homecare can't get any better than it already is.

I have #20 and #21 crowned, #20 has a root canal. Currently both teeth are showing very swollen purple gums that bleed easily. I have two other crowns in my mouth that are fine. We thought perhaps the metal based crown was giving causing an allergy but how could it cause a reaction for two of 4 crowns only? We tried antibiotics and Root/Scaling....it did nothing except drain my wallet.

Currently I'm on a low sugar diet that does have quite a bit of Phytic Acid in it. Could that be the culprit? Bad teeth don't run in my family and I brush, floss, waterpick....everything.

I'm only 40 and desperately want to prevent anymore issue and solve this current gum disease issue.

I go back for a check-up on Monday.

Thanks

B

Hey Barbara, how was your check up?? It's everything fine??
Hey DanyRoden-

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately no. We replaced number 20 with an all porcelain crown but the inflammation is still there. I'm thinking perhaps the bone alignment under the crown is off or perhaps the crown margins aren't optimal. Nobody seems to have any ideas which is frustrating. I went to an allergist for blood/skin testing of foods and other items. I'm not allergic to anything.

I'm open to any idea from the forum. Maybe it's a metal allergy? but would the gum with the the all procelain crown be getting better after 4 months? At least my gums bleed far less now.

Vote:

Ask a Question