Best Treatment for a Misaligned Third Molar?

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with a misaligned third molar that faces inward, causing some jaw asymmetry. I'm exploring the best treatment options to straighten this tooth, and I'm particularly interested in discreet methods. The rest of my teeth are properly aligned, so I'm looking for a solution that focuses only on the third molar without affecting the other teeth.

Has anyone here dealt with a similar situation? What treatment did you find effective for correcting a single misaligned molar? I'm considering options like clear aligners, lingual braces, or any other less visible methods.

f7ddbdf9-de6d-41db-8093-e0b3414fc64d.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Have you considered removing the wisdom tooth instead? How does the opposing wisdom tooth like?

Vote:
Have you considered removing the wisdom tooth instead? How does the opposing wisdom tooth like?
The molar on the right side is straight, extracting the left tooth is not an option for me, even now that it is crooked it affects the symmetry of my face and my left side is narrower than the right. I want to know the best way to straighten it

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can look into Invisalign, although any facial asymmetry is usually an indication of a more complicated issue. One tooth alone would not lead to facial asymmetry.
The best option would be to go for a consult with an orthodontist, so that a full occlusal analysis can be done. They can then discuss Invisalign with you as well as other options.

Vote:

Ask a Question