Should I have my impacted wisdom teeth removed?

Hello, guys! I'm male, 27, and all of my wisdom teeth are impacted, they are completely enclosed in the gum with nothing showing in the mouth. I've only ever had slight jaw pain once or twice for a day or two. Also my upper right central incisor has become slightly crooked after orthodontic treatment but that could have been because they never gave me any aligners to wear after they removed my braces. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with them. I've attached 2 panoramic images, the first is from 2021 and the second is from last week, I have a couple of questions:

Should I get them removed? Do impacted wisdom teeth like these always cause problems? What could happen if I don't get them removed?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Wisdom teeth should not be removed, if completely covered by gingival tissue and/or bone, and if you don't have symptoms that appear more frequent. I would monitor these teeth for now only. Monitor your symptoms as well as the adjacent teeth. If the pain becomes more frequent or if a part of the tooth protrudes through the gum, then only would I consider removal.

Vote:

Ask a Question