private treatment

hello I need some advice i have not been to dentist for while as i had toothache register with NHS dentist paid him consultation fee, he said that the tooth needs to come out I asked him can it not be saved? he said as I had pacemaker and loop recorder and he did not have correc equipment Ishould go to private dentist further he did not mention that i had to have other treatments as well. I went to private dentist during the consultation he gave me a big list of the treatments I needed. i have booked with him to treat the problem tooth. shall I go to NHS dentist and ask him why he did not mention about other treatments or go to other dentist and pay other consultation fee? can I do some treatments through NHS?
thank you
Anjli

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't understand his concern with your pacemaker. In the past, we had scalers with magnetic piles that were of concern, but most dentists nowadays use piezo-electric which have no risks. Another thing is electrosurgical units, but they're not commonly used anyway - I don't have one. As for anaesthetic, most dentists carry at least one brand with no adrenaline (epinephrine in USA). Finally, pacemakers are being made better all the time, and becoming more resistant to electromagnetic interference. Here's a nice article that sums it up. I'd go back to the NHS dentist and discuss it with him. If you're still unsure or unhappy, talk to your cardiologist.

Vote:

Ask a Question