Odour due to impacted molar

Saf

Hey everyone, I am at my wit's end with this problem!! Jan last year, I noticed a foul odour even after brushing. Eventually I found it was my lower right rearmost molar, with a white discharge that reeked. I thought maybe it will pass but then I got a bit of pain so decided to go to my GP. He said there was no discharge after squeezing my gums but I insisted there was so he gave me antibiotics (didn't do anything, frankly how would it when this technically an external infection, just in that gap?). Anyways a few weeks later I saw another doctor hoping they would notice and refer me but she said the exact same. So I went to the dentist on my own got x-rays and all my molars are impacted. The lower ones are growing forward rather than up. Dentist told me to get a toothbrush called inter-something but not the wire ones, she drew a diagram of a toothbrush with just a few rows of bristles for cleaning rear teeth. It was not in Boots so I made my own. So I am easily able to clean the place. She also told me to use salt. I did multiple times a day for weeks but it seemed it was drying out my gum and causing it to recede which creates even more odour. WHAT DO I DO???!! The only treatment I can do, makes the smell worse. The dentist won't take out my molar because there's no pain. I'm guessing the only option is private but it's £50 just to see the guy - I can't even imagine how much it would cost to actually have the tooth out.

Please tell me what I can do, people at work are noticing and for a year I am embarrassed to talk closely facing people which is almost unavoidable. I haven't seen the discharge in a long time and the gap is pretty big now so I'm guessing it has gone deeper...just sucks. Thanks very much people!

Ask a Question