Loose tooth due to retainer

Hi. I have problem with my tooth and i really need some advice. I've been wearing retainer for 7 months now and 1 week ago, i fell sick so i did not wear my retainer. When i wore it back few days ago, it fitted but it was quite tight. The next morning i woke up with throbbing sensation on my front central incisor which underwent root canal treatment due to abscess 5 years ago. The tooth was not crowned after rct. The tooth now feels loose which i can say very minor. But i have to be under retainer for another 5 months and im really scared to wear my retainer that it will make it worse. Please advice as i cant afford to consult a dentist for the time being. Thanks in advance. =(

Last edited:
Crown can strengthen your tooth but you should complete your retainer procedure as only 5 months left of this treatment. If you wear a crown then it takes a long time. Be careful now. :)

Vote:
Crown can strengthen your tooth but you should complete your retainer procedure as only 5 months left of this treatment. If you wear a crown then it takes a long time. Be careful now. :)
Okay thank you =) but will my tooth become more loose if i wear my retainers now? The gums feel soft

Vote:
I just consulted a dentist and he said the rct tooth is still strong and the gums will be back to normal..he even trimmed the retainer so that it doesn't give pressure to my gums..i told him that it has been the same for 3 days now and im worried that the tooth will become looser..he said its fine and the tooth and gums will be ok..im not convinced..pls advice..:(

Vote:

Ask a Question