Not enough tooth to hold a crown

Hello,

I am terrified my dentist won't be able to fit a crown so it doesn't keep coming off. Regards a (root canal) crown that has come off five times in the last four years, he keeps telling me there is not enough tooth left to hold the crown. He is devoted to never extracting a tooth if at all possible.

I've read about tooth surgery, I guess to expose more tooth for the crown to grab, and tooth extraction - the most terrifying part for me; losing a tooth - and then an implant, costing thousands...

Is there a dentist out there who used to work for NASA? Like using advanced technology to solve the problem of insufficient tooth for a crown to remain for years?
Thank you for any suggestions...

Hello,

In order to have more tooth root exposed to be able to secure the crown, the dentist will have to cut some bone around the tooth root. Later on, if you have to place an implant, cutting the bone around the tooth root will make it more difficult.

This is how the periodontist explained to me the cons and pros of crown lengthening procedure.

Vote:

Ask a Question