Need advice - pain during restorations

The last two times I went to the dentist I experienced what I think was unnecessary pain. The first time, it was close to the end of the day and it seemed like the dentist was in a hurry to finish up and go home. After he injected my gum to numb the tooth, he started drilling no more than a minute later. I raised my hand to let him know it hurt, so then he injected some more and then continued drilling without waiting. It burned for a while, but eventually the numbness took effect. The second time I went I reminded him it hurt the previous time, so he injected some extra anesthetic and waited a few minutes before starting. The procedure seemed to go fine this time, until the end when he took off the clamp around my tooth. It made a loud cracking noise and snapped and I could feel a sharp pain, so much I yelled out and a tear ran down my cheek. He didn't say anything about it and acted like it was normal when I asked him about it afterwards.

Does this seem out of the ordinary? If so, what's the best way to handle it?

drmins

Verified Dentist
You deserve or desire a better care.But mis-haps too happen at times,how much care your dentists takes.
Best wishes next time. :)

Vote:
He sounds like like a $#%^& if you know what I mean. I suppose some pain is normal but that dentist not worth your time. I am sure their are plenty of other dentists you can go too.

Vote:

Ask a Question