How many irreversible cavities do you see here?

20240416_173141.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What do you mean irreversible? On the bite-wing provided, although the quality is not great, it appears like your lower first molar has a cavity that needs to be filled. Some of the other fillings look like they might have some secondary decay, but can't be certain, due to the quality of the x-ray.

Vote:
What do you mean irreversible? On the bite-wing provided, although the quality is not great, it appears like your lower first molar has a cavity that needs to be filled. Some of the other fillings look like they might have some secondary decay, but can't be certain, due to the quality of the x-ray.
Sorry, should've been clearer. I've had decay on teeth before that hasn't fully permeated the enamel, and I was told it didnt necessarily need filling. I can definitely see the cavity on LL6. Possible secondary decay on LL7 and LL5. Can you see anything else?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Possible occlusal caries on UL6 and minor cavity distal on UL5 that has not penetrated through enamel. Cavities not through enamel has the potential to remineralize and doesn't necessitate a filling

Vote:

Ask a Question