General Question about Dental Cleanings...

Hello...
I'm scheduled to go in for a dental cleaning tomorrow and I have not been to a dentist in a very long time.. No doubt, I need this done.. My concern is that the plaque has been eating away at my teeth so long, when they remove it, will there be much enamel/tooth left...?? The last thing I want to do is come out of the place looking like a pumpkin.........as in, big gaps between my currently tightly fitting teeth.. Wanted to get an opinion on this, and if they think this kind of thing might happen..
Thanks in advance for any info you might have on this....!

Hello...
I'm scheduled to go in for a dental cleaning tomorrow and I have not been to a dentist in a very long time.. No doubt, I need this done.. My concern is that the plaque has been eating away at my teeth so long, when they remove it, will there be much enamel/tooth left...?? The last thing I want to do is come out of the place looking like a pumpkin.........as in, big gaps between my currently tightly fitting teeth.. Wanted to get an opinion on this, and if they think this kind of thing might happen..
Thanks in advance for any info you might have on this....!

Vote:
You should stop worrying about something that has not happened and reschedule your cleaning appointment.

You know, I've been thinking about the above response for awhile now..........trying to figure out the most appropriate response.. Finally decided that you need to hear the truth on how you're coming across.. First of all, are you an administrator of this forum? Are you the only one here? If not, please someone else chime in on my question as "busybee" does not seem to have a clue as to how forums work.. Here's what I mean.. You NEVER tell anyone what they should do.. At the most, suggest things.. You think I'm 10 years old or something? I assure you I can make my own decisions, especially considering you have no idea of my health background and how that affects everything in my life, including when I make appointments.. I could go on with more about all of this, but I don't want to waste my time..
To get back to the original point here, does anyone have an answer to my ORIGINAL QUESTION?? If not, I'll move on to another forum.. Finally, would like to hear from other members than the only one posting so far.. Thank you..

Vote:

Ask a Question