difference between young adult gums and older adult gums? NO BS!

P

pearly whites

Hi, I would like to know the difference between young adult gums and older adult gums, NO BS! what are the facts about this? are they different when your a young adult and change when they get older even if you kept your gums very healthy? OR once your a full grown adult in 20s then do your gums stay the same for the rest of your life as long as you keep them healthy?
when I was a young adult in my early twenties I swear my upper gums and my lower jaw gums were thicker and more fuller or at least felt that way. My dentist said my gums are normal and are supposed to look like that so I am not that concerned anymore about that gum issue I had posted in the forums previously.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In general, when you are young, you have better blood circulation vital to gum healing and health. As you get older, you may develop medical conditions such as diabetes which will negatively affect your gums. Also, people have a tendency to brush too hard and damage the gums and teeth. Your lifestyle and mental tendencies may cause you to grind your teeth which could traumatize your gums.

With neglect or infrequent dental visits, one can accumulate tarter build up which can hurt the gums. Due to genetics, medical conditions, lifestyle, and home care can affect gums as you age.

Vote:

Ask a Question