Black vertical line after root canal and temp crown?

I had a root canal done 1 month ago and crown build up 2 weeks ago. I am in lots of pain and when lightly tapping my tooth with my nail its tender. I went to my endo doc and he noticed a vertical black line today. Told me to go back in two weeks but didnt have an answer yet for me. Any idea what this black line showing in the xray is (circled in yellow)?

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpg
    IMG_8613.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8614.jpg
    IMG_8614.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 14

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That vertical line is only the periodontal ligament space. Your PDL space seems a bit enlarged. This might be due to too much occlusal trauma. It might also in certain cases be an indication of a crack, if it does not disappear and enlarges even further

Vote:
Is it possible something might have happened during the core crown built up that was done 2 weeks ago? The black line on the xray is only within a month difference. I can lightly tap with my nail my tooth and it feels tender.

Vote:
The temp crown might be too high and needs to be filed down.
They havent put in a crown yet. After the root canal, my primary dentist did a core build up and impressions. I am supposed to go back for the crown in a few weeks. The tooth now is way shorter than what it was before. I am currently using a mouth guard per the doctor's advise.

Vote:
May I just add one more detail: After the core build up, the dentist told me Not to floss between the last tooth (the one he worked on) and the one next to it which is my implant crown.

Vote:

Ask a Question