Worried

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and really need advice, I'm starting to feel quite stressed out.

I had toothache start on my bottom right back tooth about six months ago. I went to the dentist and she filled out, but the toothache persisted. We decided to try root treatment, however when she started it my nerves wouldn't go numb. She gave me antibiotics and I was supposed to go back, but after the pain I experienced I was too terrified. I left it a few months and had a few niggles but nothing I couldn't manage with painkillers.

Than a few weeks ago the pain changed. Instead of being normal toothache, it was sore when I bit down or put pressure on my tooth, and I could feel swelling on the gum beside the tooth. I decided to go to a different dentist, who gave me antibiotics. After taking them, the swelling was still there but she started the root treatment anyway. It was going ok and she managed to get some of the nerve out but there was one that was still too painful. She dressed it and said it should die off and to come back the following week to finish off. However the pain had worsened and the swelling was getting worse, so I went back a few days early and asked to have it removed. She extracted the tooth this morning, which was fine, but now the anaesthetic has worn off the tooth beside the extracted tooth is now painful in the same way ie when i bite down or put pressure on. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?? I'm at my wits end

Ask a Question