Pain deep In Jaw

3 years ago I had a back tooth out after root treatment failed. It wasn't the usual toothache. More like jaw ache which could be quite painful. Things settled down then the same thing occurred on the next tooth. The dentist tried several root treatments up no avail so it was extracted. In May this year. This didn't resolve the problem so on Wednesday I had another tooth out after root treatments. I have been in a lot of pain since this extraction. The pain comes in waves. I've no idea what's going on and I'm thinking now I've lost 3 teeth which I didn't need to lose. Not my dentists fault as he always gave me a choice. I just want to know where the pains coming from and what's causing it. Nothing showing in X-rays

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Prob start with the endodontist to get an all clear on possible dental cause, then see neurologist or a pain clinic.

Vote:
3 years ago I had a back tooth out after root treatment failed. It wasn't the usual toothache. More like jaw ache which could be quite painful. Things settled down then the same thing occurred on the next tooth. The dentist tried several root treatments up no avail so it was extracted. In May this year. This didn't resolve the problem so on Wednesday I had another tooth out after root treatments. I have been in a lot of pain since this extraction. The pain comes in waves. I've no idea what's going on and I'm thinking now I've lost 3 teeth which I didn't need to lose. Not my dentists fault as he always gave me a choice. I just want to know where the pains coming from and what's causing it. Nothing showing in X-rays

I literally just posted about a similar issue! Had my wisdom tooth out due to pain. Then the tooth next to it died strangely a year later. I had a root canal on it which I thought had failed but the dentist couldn't see anything wrong with it and now I have a strange pain and possibly abscess directly over my empty wisdom tooth socket. The pain seems to travel down my sinus and feels like it kinda travels down my tooth rather the tooth being the pain itself if that makes sense? The dentist can't see any problems with the root canal and the abscess doesnt change or get bigger. Maybe it's connected to a sinus infection?

Vote:

Ask a Question