Need advice....

I am in need of advice from a dentally knowledgeable forum. I need work done on my teeth but due to economic restrictions in both the work environment and personal finance I want to do it gradually, one step at a time.

I'll be using layman's terms here because I have zero expertize in the dental field.
I will outline my dental issues using the standard adult dental layout (which I researched online) All the work I need done is on the “Top” row of teeth. Positions #1-16 top right to left.

The dental office is promoting a “Credit plan” which I feel influences the patient's (me) decision process and promote a “Do it all” strategy would be best. I REALLY don't want to start another line of credit right now but I am wondering if I have choices? Professionally speaking, would it be okay to have these procedures done one step at a time? And if so where should I start? ( one step at a time )

I'm A Fifty year old male and my dental issues are as follows...
#16 Needs a filling (the dentist says)
#15 Has a temporary crown (which has actually been long overdue to be completed. Over two years but to the dentists credit I have had no issues with.)
#14 Normal with a filling (many years old)
#13 Is gone but the x-rays/dentist says the root(s) are/is still intact.
#12–4 Are normal.
#3 Extracted recently.
#2 Also has a temporary crown which was placed about the same time as #15
#1 Normal.

Personal opinions are very welcome and appreciated!!!

I don't see why you couldn't have the procedures done over a period of time. If you are really adverse to starting another line of credit, this is really your only option. Shop around and compare prices. It's better to have it done slowly than not at all. While it's ideal to fix any many of the problems as possible in a timely manner, you will still get the benefits of taking care of your teeth. The only issue that sticks out to me as an urgent matter is the missing tooth. Not replacing the tooth leads to bone loss and the other teeth shift, which can cause further tooth loss. My practice offers dental implants in North Vancouver. This is an excellent, more permanent solution to bridges or dentures. It will actually stimulate bone growth and you'll have a new tooth that functions and looks like the rest of your teeth. It can truly save your dental health. The filling should be second in your plan, as cavities can get worse if left untreated.

Vote:
Like Third said, Over time is better than never going at all. If you're worried about your teeth moving around at all, or ever to stop the moving that has already started, I would have them check the missing tooth out first!

Vote:

Ask a Question