Hot tooth

I have a hot tooth in one of my frontal upper teeth.. its not the whole teeth, its between two frontal teeth on the sides.

I went to two dentists and did x-rays but they both said there is nothing wrong! I also did a fluoride treatment today but it still feels the same.. the dentist said if it doesnt get better, a tooth cleaning might help. What may be causing this problem as the two dentists did not give me an answer and what can I do about it?

Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
Hi faysal,

Typically the sensation you've described would be associated with inflammation of the pulp within your tooth (see diagram below - the pulp is the portion with blood/flow nerves, directly above your canals). The dental term for the condition your experiencing is Pulpits. There are several potential sources that could cause inflammation within your pulp:
- A deep cavity
- Erosion of your outer tooth enamel, exposing your dentin
- A crack or fracture in your tooth
- Dental work associated with having a deep cavity treated

Pulpits can in some cases be treated & reversed. Similar to what your Dentist has recommended, professional cleanings, fluoride treatments, remineralizing: rinses, pastes, powders and other products can all help.

If the symptoms persist, and the infection has reached your pulp, then the tooth will need to be root canaled.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Great Lakes Dental
Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Tooth Anatomy1.jpg

Vote:

Ask a Question