Endodoncia, apicotomy, then what?

Three years ago I had my tooth(first premolar – 4th one upper row to the left) fixed with endodontic therapy, but the problems started a couple of months later. Tooth started changing color to grey. They redo the whole process, tried to mask is somehow from the inside, and from the outside, but nothing was satisfactorily. In the meantime I've noticed inflammation up from the tooth, slightly to the back(5th tooth). I've changed dentist at this point, and started to take antibiotics. Inflammation was gone, but only for a couple of weeks. It didn't hurt at all, so I stupidly kind of left it as that for a whole year, or something like that. Then I finally decided to sort that problem out, so I went another dentist who proposed endodontic therapy on 5th tooth, since he thinks problem is closer to that tooth. I don't have to say to you that it didn't sort anything. Then another dentist proposed apicotomy. I had it done, swelling was huge, and after a month or so, guess what? inflammation came back. I was sick of false diagnosis, so I tried private dentist. He said that the problem was not inside teeths, rather between 4th one and bone surounding him. So he proposed cleaning therapy and trying to save the tooth, and somehow regenerate tissue between tooth and bone. Didn't make sense to me, but I tried. Once a week I came to him, and he would struck a needle right in the spot and clean it with a mixture of iodine 5%+tobrex+and Listerine(mouth-wash). It worked. Over a period of 3 months inflammation was gone. But! After a year and a half inflammation was back, same spot, same thing. I have X-ray photos, so can somebody please suggest something, it's driving me crazy, and implant is my final and 2-wages-expensive solution.

Pictures:

Long story short:
- 4# RTC
- 4# changed color, then re-did RTC
- inflammation appeared
- antibiotics, inflammation temporary reduced
- pause everything for over a year
- 5# RTC, failed
- apicoectomy 4#(5 stisches scar), failed
- inflammation returned, no pain
- cleaning with:5%+tobrex+and Listerine(mouth-wash) and needle for 3 months
- inflammation gone for year and a half
- inflammation returned, no pain
- don't know what to do
Pictures are latest ones

Vote:

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
There may be a fracture in the root of one or both of these teeth and no amount of root canals, apicoectomy procedures or cleanings of the bone can fix that. The dentist can check if there is an "isolated deep pocket" which usually confirms this. In such a case, your best bet is removal and an implant, bridge or something else. I cannot make a recommendation since I haven't seen it, but my guess would be a fracture.
Dr. Barniv

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianarundel

Latest Threads