Dental Costs

I am having no pain but was told by one dentist that I have an overbite. I am 58 yrs. old and have been seeing another dentist every 6 months. The new dentist also wants to do 4 implants after reviewing extensive x-rays. This is a chain practice with a large staff and a lot of fancy equipment. Even with the insurance these implants would cost $10,000 (this is not covered well by insurance) and correction for the overbite would be $5000.

They say I have other problems too and are proposing $35,000 worth of work over the next few years. If this is work I really need, I am tempted just to get dentures.

I know none of you have specific details of my case but has any one run into this and do you think they are just trying to rip me off?

Solutions
I think I would get a second or third opinion. Go to another dentist and don't say anything about what the first on said. This is what I think. Dental work is crazy high. I am 71. I have insurance on everything except my teeth. I do believe some of the dentist are RIP off artist.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Unfortunately most to all dental chains place pressure to the dentists to produce. Find a well established practice for an evaluation. Another option is to go to a teaching facility.

Vote:

Ask a Question