advice please

Hi,
I am a dentist and I am looking for some advice from fellow dental professionals.

I prepped a premolar tooth for an emax crown but due to poor quality of the crowns I.e. They kept fracturing on fitting the crown I sent the crowns back to the lab for remakes 3 times. On the 3rd fit a few days ago I tried the crown and the fit appeared sound. It was better than the other times and the patient was happy with the aesthetics and occlusion. I decided to cement it with rely x. When I started to clear the excess cement and polish the margins I noticed a negative ledge on the distopalatal margin ........I also feel the crown may not have been seated correctly as the occlusion was high after cementation. I made minor adjustments to the occlusal surface and the pt was satisfied however due to gingival bleeding I could not assess the ledge. I believe the tooth is sealed however I am unsure what to do about the ledge. Do I cover it with flow able composite and smooth the area with a composite finishing bur? I would greatly appreciate some advice...Many thanks

Ask a Question