Yellow tooth/gum border after whitening?

Greetings.
I have a question about something i observed very recently.
I am in my late 30s, non smoker and have decent teeth. Been to a dentist about a year ago and after 10 years of no dentist visits the dentist i visited a year ago did not find any cavities or problems.

Recently I have done several 15 minute whitening sessions with 35% carbamide peroxide plus the usual whitening rince or 3% peroxide rinse; and did notice some teeth whitening. BUT what i also noticed is yellow plaque (or plaque like substance) forming near the gum line in the morning. I have never seen it form in as large of the quantities as it does now. It is clearly more yellow than the rest of the tooth/teeth. It has been about a week since the last carbamide peroxide whitening session.

Is this something to be concerned about or am i now simply noticing the same plaque that always formed near the gum line, but now it is more visible due to whiter teeth? This "Plaque" is easily removed with a tooth pick or tooth brush. I just find it odd that it accumulates in large quantities near the gum line.

Thanks ahead

Ask a Question