Wisdom Tooth Angle

Over the years I've been tracking my wisdom tooth growth (I'm in my upper 20's), 1 is fully emerged and in perfect positioning (Upper left), the lower left I thought was horizontally impacted but I now see appears to be emerging fine. The lower right is too early to tell as it only began erupting about a year ago. I should also note that there appears to be plenty of room for all my wisdom teeth to grow.

The one that I'm concerned with is my upper right. It hasn't caused any pain or problem whatsoever, however it is growing at an angle towards my cheek. The angle in relation to the neighboring molar appears fine, it's just that it's growing at maybe a 25-30° towards my cheek. Right now the top surface of the tooth is completely exposed from the gum and the frontside (Towards my cheek) is beginning to become exposed.

I've tried researching when a wisdom tooth grows like that but I couldn't find anything. Should I expect it to cause problems? Also why did it seem like the growth of that one exploded out of nowhere? A couple of weeks ago it was still barely emerging and then boom, it's almost fully emerged.

Ask a Question