What in the world is this

What is this? I've brushed my teeth 2-3 times a day since I had a crown/root canal a few months ago, i have throbbing pain throughout my mouth on both side all over, no wisdom teeth removed yet. I'm 21 and pain has been constant for a week or so, getting extremely irritable and it's starting to effect my work, I don't have insurance and can't afford another $3,000 proceedure

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 359
Hard to tell from picture. Could be food lodged between tooth and gum? Try scratching it up and out. But you said pain all over so probably a pathogen.

Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis? Do you smoke?

A DIY remedy attempt would be to try immersing affected areas in fermented pickle juice or fermented sour kraut juice 10 minutes 1-2x a day. Needs to be active fermentation (room temp) as then the bacteria will kill each other, the hope being the fermenting bacteria will win. Some stores sell them (e.g. Whole Foods, I hate Whole Foods). Kroger stores might have one. I guess you could also try leaving non fermenting ones on the counter for a few days till they bubble. If that were my mouth that would be what I'd do, worked for me last time after advice from a friend. From 3 weeks of increasing stabbing pain to no pain within 3 days.

No idea what pathogen you have. You could culture it yourself and look under a microscope- see sites biology stack exchange for help identifying it. A dentist wouldn't know either and would prescribe some hopefully effective antibiotic (oral or rinse). You'll get a "I can't help you" if that doesn't work... been there. Gee thanks for leading me on taking $1000+ before telling me that...

Anyways. Your toothpaste is obviously not cutting it. So change the environment. Spicy food/mouthwash/garlic? Garlic is a good antifungal/biotic. Not as good as the fermenting stuff, but they'll each only work for a set of things and not others. Anyways, good luck!

P.s. someone more knowledgeable that I could certainly give better advice from their experience.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question