Verify dentist's opinion

A few months ago I visited the dentist and he did a filling. Part of the filling fell out when I was eating on the same day; I had to fish it out with my fingers and saw that it was the filling.
Three months later I had an appointment with the hygientist and i mentioned the filling dropping out; she agreed and asked me to mention to the dentist on my next check-up.
Now I went back for a check-up with the dentist, he confirmed that part of the filling had fallen out. However, he aid that the filling had fallen out as a small part of the tooth had broken off. He wants me to go back on next appointment for a full filling at a cost of £49.
Now, I am suspect about that and I believe he is blaming the tooth so that he does not have to do the filling again under warranty.
What are my options? Is there a way I can verify his claim that the tooth had broken? I feel agrieved and I know that this practice is known for squeezing every extra pound out of customers.

Ask a Question