Small hole in tooth

Hello,
I noticed a very small, but noticeable pothole in my front tooth a few months back. I wanted to pay a visit to the dentist but I'm currently in the middle of a transition in my dental insurance, so I thought I'd poke around online until I can visit the dentist. You can notice in the picture its a tiny hole that's like a small pothole. After I eat or drink coffee, it can become slightly stained but after I brush my teeth most of the stains go away. What can I expect from the dentist? Anything I can do at home? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 333
I believe I had that done initially. It seemed like a plastic-type feel cover. Unfortunately it chipped off a few hours later, maybe because the hole isn't deep enough for it to stick. Would there be another method, or should I perhaps visit a different dentist this time?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I believe I had that done initially. It seemed like a plastic-type feel cover. Unfortunately it chipped off a few hours later, maybe because the hole isn't deep enough for it to stick. Would there be another method, or should I perhaps visit a different dentist this time?
Go back to the same dentist and have it redone. He/she should not have to charge you for the same work.

Vote:

Ask a Question