Question about pain

Hi everyone!

I'm in pain and I'm wondering if it's normal. I had three extractions about 20 days ago. One of the spots was really painful so they went back in and removed bone and debris. That was about 10 days ago.

The two spots they didn't reoperate on healed and stopped hurting in a week. The place they did have to open stills hurts considerably. Due to some other medical conditions I can only take ibuprofen for about a week while they lower the dose of another med. Due to the pain I was on the ibuprofen for 2 weeks, but have had to stop taking it to resume my primary medication in its full strength.

I brush around it and use a water syringe to clean the area in pain and it bleeds. I accidentally made contact with a toothbrush, force of habit, and it bled considerably.

If I could take ibuprofen that would help control the pain, not completely but enough to be tolerable, but since I cant what can I do? I am taking thee extra strength tylenol every four hours, but that's not helping. I was told not to use oragel.

So to summize, should I be in this much pain in the area that was reoperated on, and what can I do for the pain if I'm already taking large doses of Tylenol and can't take ibuprofen and have been told not to use oragel?

The dentist said the pain would lessen after a couple of days but it has not, and I can feel the pain all the way in my sinus. The doc said it was other teeth causing the pain, but it's just that one area that hurts. One tooth right next to it was sensitive when he pushed on it, but that was it.

Sorry for being so long winded. I wanted to give as much detail as possible. If you have any questions please let me know.

Ask a Question