Possibility of healing a dead/dying nerve?

It is becoming more evident these days that the body has an innate intelligence and knows how to heal itself, if we allow it. Fundamentally it all comes down to belief.
I suffered a traumatic injury in which I've been told the nerve has cut the blood supply and the tooth is dead/dying.
With the right social, herbal, purposeful support I believe that it is possible to bring a tooth back to life. I just want to know is anyone with me?
Does anyone have experience of miraculous healing? Or is open to the possibility?
And what is this talk of dental neuroplasticity?
The image attached is my teeth.
(I do not want to discredit the work that conventional dentists do, I just want to take charge of my own health as confidently as I can, as quak as that might be) blessings all round <3
front teeth.JPG

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Tooth #8, 9 (2 front big incisors) have hypercalcification (nature's root canal). #8 seemed total calcification, #9 calcification on apical 3rd (nearing root tip). Do you have discoloring around your front teeth? As long as you don't have pain and no swelling, you should be fine.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Even though the tooth looks calcified, the nerve may still be alive. Putting extreme cold on it will sometimes make it react, showing it is still "alive". The calcification is the reason for the darkening, but doesn't mean the nerve is necessarily dead. Over time, sometimes the calcification becomes such that there is not enough blood supply, and the tooth undergoes a sterile death (no bacteria). It may still not give you trouble. the only true indication of it being dead is if it starts to develop a darkness on the Xray at the tip of the root. This is out of your hands, and nothing you can do can change what is happening. It may not get worse, but it certainly won't get better.
If you are wanting to put a crown on this tooth to make it look better, then go ahead.

Vote:
Hey forgot to mention some thanks for all your support folks!
I've been back to another dentist which seems a bit hassled to give me my x-rays but as far as I remember there didn't seem to be much darkening at the tip of the root.
Although there was a bit of confusion as to which one is discoloured as the right is slightly yellowed o_O
But I just wanted to ask about my best option now. I've heard of this procedure called bonding and contouring which they can not only smooth out the broken bottom but take a minimal layer of the front and composite fill to give them a better appearance (than one grey, one slightly yellowed). Crowns and veneers don't appeal and bleaching I'm not sure would do a very affective job. Any advice much appreciated!

Vote:

Ask a Question