Implant spacing question

I am in need of some info. I recently had a complete sinus augmentation in preparation to have implants placed in space 13 and 14. I was informed by the dentist that there is not enough space to place the implant between upper and lowers. He told me I would need to have a root canal on teeth #18,19 so he can grind them down to make room for implant.
Are there any other options?
Why couldn't he have made room for teeth during the sinus augmentation?
Any help would be great as I have never heard of this before. Thanks!

I've never heard of this before either. Are you seeing an Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, or General Dentist? Where you informed of this before the surgery?

Hi,
It was a dentist I had never seen before. He looked over my X-rays and worked up my evaluation. He did tell me prior to my sinus augmentation, but he was not the one to do the surgery. It has been about 15 years since I have have teeth on space 13,14,15.
It feels as though I do have more spacing since my surgery. I would hate to root canal and crown 2 teeth for this purpose.

Vote:

Ask a Question