I haven’t been to the dentist in 25 years

I’m 33 years old and I haven’t been to the dentist is 25 years or so. So the more time passed the more I didn’t want to go. Finally I decided it’s time to be an adult and get it over with. I had a cracked wisdom tooth and a filling that fell out 3 years ago. I was in no pain but knew it was only a matter of time. So I sucked it up and booked my appointment. I was shocked that I only needed my 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 5 fillings. I guess that may seem like a lot, but for not going for 25 years I was pleased. I just had this done yesterday morning and I’m terrified to get dry socket. I had oral conscious sedation so I don’t remember a thing that happened. I am so sore today and the pain meds really seem to help. But how long is this going to last for? And since my dentist is closed on Mondays, can you go to the ER for a dry socket if you need to?

Solutions
Did they tell you why you needed your wisdom teeth out?

I used to go every seven years and I never needed much work. I did go a lot as a child and they were always doing and redoing fillings. I probably didn't need half of them redoing. I'd have no symptoms and be told I needed all these fillings. These days I have no symptoms and they tell me I don't need any work. Even if I have symptoms I get told I don't need any work! I'm in a frame of mind where I'd like to boycott the dentist for another seven years because the more treatment I have the more problems I end up with. Go figure. But my oral hygiene is perfect. That's the most important thing.

It takes a few days to heal. Why do you think you have dry socket? Is the pain getting much worse?

Vote:

Ask a Question