Gum disease? Great fear

Hello,

I noticed small white patches/spots on my gums in the past 2 months. I also noticed that the upper half of my gums are bright red and the lower half the usual colour. I m on waiting list (1 year) before I can see my dentist. I need so advice so I can decide to go private if it's an emergency. See pictures attached.

Attachments

• DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC_0079.JPG
    DSC_0079.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0080.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 347
There are several things that can cause white spots on the gum, depending on where it is located. Given your age, it is unlikely to be cancer, but if it is raised and growing, then be sure to have it looked at by a MD. Also make sure it isn't just an underlying tooth! Sometimes the gums can be thin and the tooth can be seen underneath it! :) Thrush can also appear white, but it doesn't turn red. Visit your dentist who can help you by making an accurate diagnosis of your specific condition.

Vote:
Thank you very much. I went through a heavy course of antibiotics before hand which caused thrush. My GP and nurse both advised it was thrush. As for the red part of the gum, they said I should be brushing with more regularity.

Vote:

Ask a Question