Crowding- how to prevent it in the future

Hi ,
I had braces to fix crowding issues with my teeth at age 21. My teeth were really crowded, one on top of another. The braces did a good job (at the time) and my teeth were nicely lined at the end. I’m now 38 and will need aligners as my teeth have begun crowding again. I also one of my bottom teeth sticking out atop. This was not fixed the first time around so the constant trauma from the top jaw has cause gun recession at the bottom.
Anyway, aligners are quite expensive and I’m disheartened to know that crowding can keep happening and the one time I had braces was not a solution for life.
Anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?
Thank you!

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
With braces, the orthodontist takes your stable altho crooked bite and tries to rearrange the teeth in a better-looking and hopefully stable bite. But no ortho will promise they will stay that way, so retainers (removable or fixed) may be necessary for the rest of your life. Or you can live with a bit of relapse.
You could get new suckdown retainers at a relatively minor cost which would maintain where you are right now, but you'd have to wear them every night or so.

Vote:

Ask a Question