Advice on Braces

Hi, I went to the orthodontist last week for a braces consultation and have a question whether this is standard procedure or not. My teeth are crooked with slight gaps but my bite is normal. However, the orthodontist said that the only way to get straight teeth in my situation was to align all my teeth and especially my two central incisors together but leave two gaps between my two central incisors and my lateral incisors, then to get ceramic dental fillings over the gaps to make it neat and straight. Is it seriously not possible to have straight teeth by just getting metal braces without having to go through a second procedure to make it straight? The orthodontist told me it was because he usually pushes the teeth in in order to make it straight, but since my bite was normal, he couldn't just push it in. My teeth are slightly smaller in size but I've seen videos of other people with smaller teeth than me that still got straight teeth through braces. This orthodontist charges more for braces than other orthodontists so I want to make sure its seriously not possible to avoid going through dental fillings just to get a good smile before I make my decision, I really thought my situation was simple and can be solved with just braces :(
Thank you for reading this.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Difficult to say without more information, but if you are unhappy, you can discuss this with the orthodontist, or consider going for a second opinion at another orthodontist.

Vote:

Ask a Question