Crown issues

I have a crown with a root canal on my upper left molar. The root canal was done almost 2 years ago and the crown a little over a year ago. I had no problems after the root canal. The problem started after the final crown was placed. I started to notice a funny taste and smell when I floss. I floss that area 2-3 times per day. The gum stays sore all the time. I’ve mentioned to my dentist all of this and he says to just continue flossing and doing what I’m doing. He said there’s a small overhang but everything is sealed. I’ve had cleanings and they never say anything is wrong with it. I’m thinking I need to try a second opinion but I paid out of pocket for all of this. I included my x-ray.

Attachments

• 1FCF5311-DDA1-44EB-B325-F07986EFFB95.jpeg
    1FCF5311-DDA1-44EB-B325-F07986EFFB95.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 87

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Try to obtain a BiteWing X-ray. It will capture the overhang more accurately. I do believe the overhang is causing the gum irritation and possible bad taste and smell. Give the dentist a chance to possibly redo this crown since you paid a lot of money for this.

Vote:

Ask a Question