Maxillary sinus and some teeth

Hello!
I have some trouble with some teeth. I attached an xray, well two actually, one was made in 2013 and the second in 2018. Top is 2018, bottom is 2013. Here is the link https://imgur.com/a/BURQGUU
Why am i posting? Well my dentist thought that there might be something there, right side, that obvious maxilary sinus thing, first i had an xray done for C16, then he asked for the full scan. He then asked a person that is a surgeon if there might be something there, and he said that's just the way the maxilary sinus is.
More info:
C16 had it's nerve removed and filled, as this is the main reason i went to the dentists, i sometimes had discomfort there, and decided to have it checked. This was in february. Last week i had a new pain, this time sharp and 10/10, i believed that it was the same tooth, but after checking with the dentist it seems that it was C14.
More info:
The pain from C14 was very sharp and it went away in ~10seconds if cold water was applied, and it went straight to 10 in 5 seconds if hot water was applied (coffee,soup etc), that's how he tested the tooth, applied hot water with a syringe at the base of the tooth.
That was yesterday, C14 now has a temporary filling and if the pain does not come back i get to keep the nerve. There was a small cavity that he found, had no sedation done for the work, it hurt a bit but was manageable.
More info:
I have some discomfort at the right hyloid greater horn and from what i see in xray it went down a bit, no idea why.
Thank you for reading/replying!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The image looks normal. Not sure which oval shaped structure you are referring. Radiopaque oval shape above c16 is the cheek bone.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That looks like bony tori. I have those too in different locations. That will not show up on x-rays unless it is very large (not in your case).

Vote:

Ask a Question