Grossed out: my temp crown fell on floor

Hey all,

I went to a dentist i had only visited twice before...Had the prep work for a crown done this afternoon. Hygienist made first temp but it broke as she removed it after checking for fit. She was finishing polishing the second temp crown and it fell on the floor. I thought she was going to ask me to make a third one which frankly would have been fine as I prefer it get done right and hygienically. instead she took it out of the room and said she put it in something to clean it. She was vague but then she is also a non native English speaker. She proceeded to place it in my mouth and being the trusting/ gullible/sucker that am, I really want to believe that it is true and it is disinfected... I like the dentist and think they have done a good job so far and don't want to burn any bridges or make a scene if this is common but am concerned about this being "best practice" given that the crown, i believe, is going to be placed under the gum line (they tooled around there and i assume it is therefore more susceptible???). Is there a solution that would make disinfecting /sterilizing this possible? And yes already swished for minutes with mouth wash...

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this...

Ask a Question