Yellow teeth

Hello,
I am only 14 years of age and I have come to realise that my teeth are really yellow. I brush my teeth twice a day however they are still yellow. I will be having surgery on my teeth so I can’t really use chemicals. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do? Thank you. Olivia :)

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually adult teeth are more yellow than baby teeth due to the differing mineral content and enamel/dentin formation. DON'T TRY TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH WITH WHITENING TOOTHPASTE TOO AGGRESSIVELY...IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR TEETH AND GUMS. You can try Over-the-counter (OTC) whitening strips since OTC is less strong therefore less irritating than professional strength in-office products. After your teeth are more mature after you are 18 years old, you can try professional products carefully...they can cause teeth and gum sensitivity and irritation.

Vote:
Usually adult teeth are more yellow than baby teeth due to the differing mineral content and enamel/dentin formation. DON'T TRY TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH WITH WHITENING TOOTHPASTE TOO AGGRESSIVELY...IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR TEETH AND GUMS. You can try Over-the-counter (OTC) whitening strips since OTC is less strong therefore less irritating than professional strength in-office products. After your teeth are more mature after you are 18 years old, you can try professional products carefully...they can cause teeth and gum sensitivity and irritation.
Thank you so much for the advice!

Vote:

Ask a Question