X ray

Solutions
The dentist I saw a couple of weeks ago sent me the OPT x ray he took. I was wondering if anyone can look at it and just see if they notice any problems.

Excuse the deep fillings...they're all from a particularly bad period where I wasn't looking after myself well enough in general! I've got my act together better now.

I've been getting pains here and there in the area of the deep fillings but never lasting a long time (but I am also quite congested and have pain in and around my ear on the left side too). The dentist did vitality, pressure and temperature tests on the teeth and they all seemed fine.

The dentist said there may be a slight issue with my sinus on the left (said it looks slightly cloudy on the x ray). He said that sinus problems can sometimes cause tooh pain too. Is that right?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-06-19-10-24.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-06-19-10-24.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 101

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sinus problems may cause pain similar to tooth ache on upper teeth. Your teeth may feel more pronounced pain when you bend forward to pick up an item or walking up & downstairs. Many physicians will not take you seriously and have you go to a dentist. Most likely your teeth with the big fillings are ok since all the testings were normal. I do see a cavity on LL and LR molar. Keep in mind the pano x-ray is not very diagnostic for cavities. Another source of pain could be from grinding and clenching. You may not be aware you are doing it.

Vote:
Solutions
Thanks for your response. I will keep an eye on all my teeth.

Do the cavities look big? I only had a proper dental appointment with my own dentist (the one 2 weeks ago was a second opinion type appointment) at the end of June and had bitewing x rays taken and there didn't seem to be any problems?! That's a bit worrying if they are.

I am aware that I clench my teeth during the day and am trying to stop and reteach myself when I'm doing that. Not sure if I'm doing it during the night.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The cavities are on tooth #18 Mesial (towards midline) and #31 Mesial. They are small to moderate. I would get them filled before they get bigger. You cannot teach yourself not to clench. Consider Over the Counter night guard and really consider the more expensive custom bite guard.

Vote:
Solutions
Sorry all I was meaning was that when I become aware of clenching my teeth I tell myself to stop it and try and relax my jaw. It's working a bit as i'm a lot more aware than I used to but I'm also well aware it may be happening at night. I'll definitely look into night guards, thanks.

How long does it take for cavities to appear? We're they missed by the dentist do you think or have only happened in the 6 or so weeks since I was there? : -/

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's hard to say. The pano x-ray does not reveal between teeth well. I saw black spots on those teeth. Have your dentist take bitewings for better assessment. If not, show your dentist those areas from the pano provided because sometimes the bwxs could overlap making it really hard to see.

Vote:
Solutions
It's hard to say. The pano x-ray does not reveal between teeth well. I saw black spots on those teeth. Have your dentist take bitewings for better assessment. If not, show your dentist those areas from the pano provided because sometimes the bwxs could overlap making it really hard to see.

Ok thanks very much. Will book another appointment with my dentist asap and get it looked at.

Vote:
Solutions
please don't take my opinion to seriously, but I think you could also check the interproximal margins of the #26 and #27, were you have the fillings. Sometimes is not easy to clean right the small gaps between those theeth and, if is not well cleaned some decay could developed under the filling. There's a small shadow around it (it could be only a shadow), so, it's not a bad idea to check on that too, if you wan't.

Vote:

Ask a Question