Worrying marks, lumps and bumps in mouth

Hello,

Apologies for the multiple images, I've kinda been saving up things I've noticed over the past 6 months in mouth that don't quite seem normal, and it's been worrying me a bit. I plan to see a dentist as Covid restrictions reduce, but I'm not sure if they'll be so willing to go over my list of problems!

I'm a 23 year old male and I'd say I've been a light user of e-cigarettes (juul) in the past few years, and it's the biggest worry that it might've caused some of these problems. I have 1/4 wisdom teeth through (top left) and the others are barely visible out - from my research I know these can cause issues.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the following things I've picked up on, and also anything you may pick up on.

First of all, on the roof of my I have these two white patches - are these normal?
Second, I have two thick red lines; these are painless but look a bit irritated.
These two (above) I've noticed recently and am not sure when they appeared.

Third, I have a patch of white bumps which cause no pain, but I can feel them with my tongue and feel similar to an ulcer. These have been here for 6+ months and are the most worrying of the issues. These are on my right cheek, which is the side where no wisdom teeth have protruded yet
Fourth, I'm not really sure what this is, I can feel a little bump with my tongue but it's fairly hard to see - could this be some kind of scar from biting perhaps; and below that there's a larger lump that I think may be wisdom related
Finally, does this lighter patch of my gum look normal?

I frequently have a dry mouth which I know is a side effect of e-cigarettes, usually worse in the morning sometimes associated with a strange dry taste. I worry this could be some kind of gum disease.

Apologies again for the image dump, but I'd greatly appreciate any feedback or anything I should be worried about.

Thanks

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
First off, can you get off the vaping? Although there is no long-term studies with vaping, many sources report health hazards. The bump on the roof of your mouth appears to be palatal bony tori. The bony tori looked a little irregular and asymmetric which we prefer to look regular and symmetric indicating slow, controlled growth if any. It's hard for me to pin point the bumps on the back. Most likely they are minor salivary glands that may be irritated or inflammed from the chemical irritation of vaping.

We cannot diagnose any lesion without biopsy. Since biopsy can be traumatic and expensive (cutting the lesion and preparing it to look under the microscope by experts) it usually is reserved for likelihood of tumor or cancer. Get off the Vaping...I know it is easier said than done. I had an unfortunate lady come in with swollen face & numb lip 3 yrs ago. She had no teeth and upon xray, the massive cancerous tumor invaded the left swollen side and separated (fractured) the thin toothless jaw bone. She probably had less than 2 weeks to live.

Vote:
First off, can you get off the vaping? Although there is no long-term studies with vaping, many sources report health hazards. The bump on the roof of your mouth appears to be palatal bony tori. The bony tori looked a little irregular and asymmetric which we prefer to look regular and symmetric indicating slow, controlled growth if any. It's hard for me to pin point the bumps on the back. Most likely they are minor salivary glands that may be irritated or inflammed from the chemical irritation of vaping.

We cannot diagnose any lesion without biopsy. Since biopsy can be traumatic and expensive (cutting the lesion and preparing it to look under the microscope by experts) it usually is reserved for likelihood of tumor or cancer. Get off the Vaping...I know it is easier said than done. I had an unfortunate lady come in with swollen face & numb lip 3 yrs ago. She had no teeth and upon xray, the massive cancerous tumor invaded the left swollen side and separated (fractured) the thin toothless jaw bone. She probably had less than 2 weeks to live.
Thanks for the advice.

I have given up vaping completely cold turkey for 2 weeks since your reply, it was what I needed to read to finally let it go.

I appreciate your feedback on the palatal bony tori, and bumps on the cheeks. I still haven't booked a dentist appointment but I hope to this week. Is it a good idea to show them these photos, or just let them look for themselves?

Any idea about the red marks in photo 2, and the patchy gum colour in the last photo?

Thanks for your time!

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Fortunately I don't see anything of immediate concern. the 2nd photo is just capillaries. The last photo doesn't really show much of a concern. Continue to watch those areas and look for any further redness, irritation, and or pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question