Worried about my from teeth

Solutions
Hi

Yesterday I was brushing my teeth and at the angle my head was at and the light, i could see, what looks like a crack in my from tooth.

I ran my finger across to see if i could feel anything like a gap but i couldn't it was smooth, i ran my mail gently across, thinking it would get stuck or bump or something but nothing.

I put my phone's torch on and saw both of my front teeth have got them.

I am in no pain at all, i can drink and eat hot and cold things. I have had no trauma to my teeth at all

I go to my dentist in June for my 6 month check up but I think on Monday I will call in, and see if i can make one sooner.

I am worried about my front teeth as they are the ones people see the most of.

Search for "enamel hairline crack" or "enamel craze line". I have many of these on my front teeth as well. Mine are vertical, parallel to the rods of the enamel.

That you have no sensitivity suggests the crack is only within the enamel, and does not extend into the dentin or pulp. What you observe may have been there for years and have long since been remineralized.

Read about your enamel. Notice that enamel is normally a bit yellow and semi-transparent. The opaque whiter substance you see beneath it is your dentin.

Keep brushing your teeth and keep an eye out for any decay.

Vote:

Ask a Question