wisdom tooth numbness

I had a wisdom tooth (just the one) extracted two weeks ago today. It was a nasty extraction, but my recovery has been textbook normal and healthy until last night. I started experiencing numbness in the extraction area and along the gum line, as well as that side of my tongue (it's the upper left side, if it matters). It has not REMAINED numb throughout the recovery; it just started last night. I have made an appt. to have the dentist look at it on Monday, but I don't want to spend the whole weekend making up nightmare scenarios in my head! Could someone tell me what this could be?
Items of note: I do smoke an e-cig, but surprised myself by easily waiting the recommended four days, and then started very slowly when I picked it back up. I have only been smoking "normally" for a few days now. I had a couple of moments when I forgot to not use a straw, but quickly remedied the situation when I realized my mistake. I had very minimal soreness and have had no pain for a week now; I have been very good about my salt rinse.
I guess in the end my question is WHAT DID I DO WRONG?????

Ask a Question