Wisdom tooth extraction site problem

I had my lower wisdom teeth removed on the 30th June. I had a stitch in my right lower tooth which has come out a few days ago, since the stitch has come out i have noticed a small red lump inside the socket which covers most of the extraction site?? The lump doesn't appear to be painful and I'm continuing to do salt rinses.

Hello Tazmine, there is no need to worry, what you see in the extraction site is the blood clot that is supposed to form in order for bone to later fill the extraction site.
Try to avoid probing the clot with your tongue (or finger, or anything really) and avoid rinsing, if you disloge the clot, it will lead to complications.
Hope you find this information helpful!

Vote:
Hello Tazmine, there is no need to worry, what you see in the extraction site is the blood clot that is supposed to form in order for bone to later fill the extraction site.
Try to avoid probing the clot with your tongue (or finger, or anything really) and avoid rinsing, if you disloge the clot, it will lead to complications.
Hope you find this information helpful!

Hello thank you for your response. Would it still clot this long after surgery as it's been around 14 days since my surgery now?

Vote:
It is normal for it to take about 2-3 weeks to close and "engulf" the clot, you will only see the new gingiva formed above, the clot will exist underneath the new tissue. The clot will (slowly) turn into bone, that will offer structural resistance in that area.

Healing time differs from patient to patient, it depends on the extent of the trauma to the bone and surrounding tissues.

Did the sweeling start to go away?

Vote:
I was taking Cocodamol for a few days last week but since the stitches have come out there is no pain or swelling anywhere in my mouth. Is this normal healing for the tooth extraction then with the bump in the socket? Thank you!!

Vote:

Ask a Question